DALLAS (AP) – The parent company of Chili’s and Maggiano’s restaurants says its fiscal second-quarter net income rose 4 percent, helped by increased menu prices.
Dallas-based Brinker International company on Tuesday announced it earned $37.2 million, or 50 cents per share, for the period that ended Dec. 26. That’s up from $35.7 million, or 44 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue edged up 1 percent to $689.8 million from $681.9 million, but missed Wall Street’s estimate of $693.5 million.
Brinker currently owns, runs or franchises 1,593 restaurants under the names Chili’s Grill & Bar and Maggiano’s Little Italy.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies