NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Fire gutted the inside of Kwik Kar Lube car repair business on Central Drive in Bedford Tuesday afternoon.
Fire Chief James Tindell said there is significant damage to the building and property. “Looks like couple cars right now, in the bays. I don’t have crews in there yet to determine the exact extent of the damage.”
There was a rescue made by firefighters but it didn’t involve civilians. “One animal was actually rescued up off of the second floor and he’s being transported to an animal hospital now,” Tindell explained.
Emergency crews had to battle heavy smoke from the blaze that extended up into the attic.
Workers were able to escape unharmed. No word if customers were inside when the fire started.
Investigators are working to determine exactly what sparked the fire.
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies