WASHINGTON (AP) – The Fritz Pollard Alliance is calling for the NFL to expand the Rooney Rule to include coordinators, assistant head coaches and club president positions.
The proposal sent Tuesday to NFL executives comes a week after no minorities were hired for eight coaching vacancies and seven general manager openings. There are only four minority head coaches going into the 2013 season, the fewest since 2003.
“We believe pipeline issues are a part of the reason we’ve seen a reduction in head coaches of color over the past few years, and this expansion will diversify the head coaching pipeline,” the alliance said in its letter.
Robert Gulliver, the NFL’s executive vice president of human resources, said in a statement last week the hiring results were “disappointing” and anticipated making revisions.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies