PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) – A pedestrian was killed on southbound Highway 75 in Plano on Wednesday morning after being struck by a vehicle.
The Plano Police Department said that the incident occurred at about 5:30 a.m. near Park Boulevard, causing extensive traffic delays for Wednesday morning commuters.
Police said that the man, identified as 56-year-old Jimmy Dean McCarty of Dallas, was trying to cross the highway alone. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
David Tilley with the Plano Police Department said that the driver was helpless. “She was driving along. It was still dark,” said Tilley. “She did have her headlights on, and this individual just came out of nowhere. She had no time to react to it.” The driver was not injured in the accident, although extensive damage was done to her vehicle.
Police are still investigating the incident.
The early morning incident closed the highway and forced all southbound traffic onto the service road between Legacy Drive and Park Boulevard.
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies