DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A child was found abandoned at a motel early Wednesday morning in Dallas. Police officers were called to the scene, an America’s Best Value Inn in the 4100 block of Preferred Place, at about 1:30 a.m. after a witness saw the toddler running around unsupervised on a second floor breezeway.
Police said that the child is only 2 or 3 years old.
The witness stated that the boy was pulling on doorknobs. That witness called police and carried the child to the manager’s office. When authorities arrived, they knocked on motel room doors in an effort to locate the boy’s parents or guardians, but nobody was found. Police transported the small toddler to Child Protective Services. He was not harmed in the incident.
The boy’s parents arrived at CPS offices while police were still there. No arrests or charges were made, but a full investigation is being conducted. In the meantime, the child remains in CPS custody.
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies