GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – A 6-year-old boy is dead, killed while trying to cross the street Thursday night in Grand Prairie.
The unidentified boy was trying to walk across the intersection of Carrier Parkway and Holiday Hills Drive near Crosswinds High School Thursday night around 7:30 when he was hit by a car.
The car, which had been traveling southbound through the intersection, stopped briefly but then left the area.
The boy was transported by ambulance to Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The car has been described as a black or dark colored newer-model sedan. It is unknown what make or model the car is, but it is believed the car has front-end damage.
Anyone with information on the car or the driver is asked to call the Grand Prairie Police Department at (972) 237-8790.
This is the second traffic fatality in Grand Prairie this year, according to the police department.
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies