BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Anthony Hickey scored 10 points and grabbed 8 steals, as LSU head coach Johnny Jones picked up his first Southeastern Conference win by beating Texas A&M, 58-54, Wednesday night.
The Tigers (10-6, 1-4) attempted 19 more shots than the Aggies (12-6, 2-3) but led for less than 10 minutes.
The Aggies jumped out to a 19-5 lead and held the advantage from the game’s opening field goal until the 14:51 mark of the second half, when LSU’s Malik Morgan hit his only 3-point shot of the contest.
The lead went back-and-forth until the 2:48 mark, when LSU guard Charles Carmouche stole the ball and raced the length of the court for a fast-break layup. The Tigers would not trail again.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies