From College Sports
IRVING (AP) - Big 12 athletic directors spent several hours Monday discussing the pros and cons of maintaining their 10-team configuration or eventually making additions to the conference – or maybe doing something in between.
Commissioner Bob Bowlsby says the current setup is financially beneficial for each school, but he wanted to run through “what-if” scenarios.
Among the possibilities they discussed was a possible alliance with other conferences. Bowlsby says there was unanimity for that approach that allows some of the benefits and value of expansion without actually adding members.
The ADs plan to discuss football scheduling and bowl alliances when they wrap up their regular scheduled two-day meeting Tuesday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Man Reunited With Dog Missing After Crash
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas