CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) - The entire campus of R.L. Turner High School in Carrollton was evacuated for more than an hour Monday morning.
A bomb threat was called into the school around 10:00 a.m.
Officials had all faculty, staff and students evacuate the building.
Hundreds of students were seen standing about a block away, in the parking lot of the Josey Lane Church of Christ.
A few surrounding school campuses were put on lock down as a precaution. Administrators say all students and staff were safe and accounted for during the evacuation.
Several Carrollton police squad cars were seen outside and police bomb specialists swept the building. At about 11:30 a.m. authorities gave the “all-clear” and everyone was allowed back on campus.
Classes have resumed as usual.
Also Check Out:
- Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Man Reunited With Dog Missing After Crash
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas