NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The FBI says no credible threats of terrorist activity have been reported as New Orleans prepares for Sunday’s Super Bowl.
The head of the New Orleans FBI office and other federal authorities, led by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, discussed security precautions at a news conference Wednesday.
The big game poses a challenge for the New Orleans police force. It coincides with the often raucous buildup to the Feb. 12 Mardi Gras celebration.
On game day, security precautions will include restrictions on air traffic in the vicinity of the Superdome, and pat-down searches of ticket holders entering the stadium.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Small Earthquake Hits North Texas
- Officer Shoots Suspect In College Parking Lot
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- DWI Crash Victim Recovers Despite Lack Of Insurance