Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
NEW YORK (CBS SPORTS) - The top prospect in baseball is Texas Rangers shortstop Jurickson Profar, according to the MLB Network. The all-baseball channel aired its top 50 prospects for the 2013 season on Tuesday night, revealing the players one-by-one, and Profar topped Baltimore Orioles pitcher Dylan Bundy for the premier slot.
Profar doesn’t even turn 20 until September, but he made his major-league debut last September 2, clubbing a home run in his first plate appearance. He ended up only hitting .176/.176/.471, but that’s in just 17 plate appearances, and the kid was only 19 years old. In Double-A, Profar hit .281/.368/.452 with 26 doubles, seven triples, 14 homers, 62 RBI, 76 runs and 16 stolen bases in 126 games.
Also Check Out:
- Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Small Earthquake Hits North Texas
- Officer Shoots Suspect In College Parking Lot
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- DWI Crash Victim Recovers Despite Lack Of Insurance