SHERMAN (AP) - Country music star Randy Travis is scheduled to appear in a North Texas court, where prosecutors say he is expected to plead guilty to driving while intoxicated.
The hearing in state district court in Sherman would end a drunken driving case that began last summer when Travis was accused of crashing his car while driving naked.
Grayson County District Attorney Joe Brown says details of the plea agreement will be released Thursday following Travis’ court appearance. The misdemeanor is punishable by up to two years in jail and a $4,000 fine. However, one of Travis’ attorneys, John Nix, has said he expects Travis will be sentenced to probation.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Small Earthquake Hits North Texas
- Officer Shoots Suspect In College Parking Lot
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- DWI Crash Victim Recovers Despite Lack Of Insurance