FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - A vehicle crashed into a nursing home on Friday afternoon, killing the female driver and leaving the building badly damaged. The incident happened just after 11:00 a.m. Friday at the Fireside Retirement Center, located in the 4800 block of White Settlement Road in Fort Worth.
According to officials at the scene, the female driver slammed into a light pole and structural support post for a carport in front of the building. That driver, whose name has not been released, was pronounced dead at the scene. There were no additional passengers inside of the vehicle, and nobody else was injured during the crash.
Initially Fort Worth police said officers were looking for a second vehicle possibly tied to the collision, but officials later determined the crash was a single-car accident.
Also Check Out:
- Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Small Earthquake Hits North Texas
- Officer Shoots Suspect In College Parking Lot
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- DWI Crash Victim Recovers Despite Lack Of Insurance