NEW ORLEANS (AP) — NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he believes there will be an agreement soon with the players’ union for testing for human growth hormone.
At his annual state of the NFL news conference Friday, Goodell said he expects an agreement to be reached very soon for the tests.
Goodell noted that the league and union agreed to the testing two years ago in the collective bargaining agreement. He said it is important to have testing to retain the integrity and the brand of the league.
Goodell also said he is not going to give up his authority to discipline players for various offenses, something he said has served the league well over the years.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Small Earthquake Hits North Texas
- Officer Shoots Suspect In College Parking Lot
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- DWI Crash Victim Recovers Despite Lack Of Insurance