TORONTO (AP) — Toronto FC is sending striker Eric Hassli to FC Dallas for a conditional second-round pick in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft.
Toronto FC general manager Kevin Payne says the deal creates salary cap room and opens a designated player spot.
Hassli was acquired from the Vancouver Whitecaps last July. The 31-year-old Frenchman made eight appearances with Toronto FC, scoring three goals and adding two assists in all competitions.
Hassli made $790,000 last season, of which $350,000 counted against the salary cap because of his designated player status.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Small Earthquake Hits North Texas
- Officer Shoots Suspect In College Parking Lot
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- DWI Crash Victim Recovers Despite Lack Of Insurance