LUBBOCK (AP) - First-year coach Kliff Kingsbury is set to announce his first recruiting class at Texas Tech.
Kingsbury expects to sign quarterback Davis Webb from Prosper High on Wednesday. Webb, who’s already enrolled at Texas Tech, could see playing time next season but might redshirt.
Michael Brewer is expected to start at quarterback as the Red Raiders are expected to return to an Air Raid offense. The 6-foot-4 Webb threw for 23 touchdowns and 2,722 yards his senior season.
Devin Lauderdale, a wide receiver from Houston Bellaire, also is expected to sign with the Red Raiders. Alabama, Ohio State and Notre Dame also recruited him.
Kingsbury, a former Red Raiders standout quarterback, was hired in December to replace Tommy Tuberville.
Kingsbury coached Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center Of Gym Lawsuit
- Angry Dallas Neighbor Allegedly Kills 2 Over Dog Poop
- Kaufman Co. Assistant DA Shot & Killed Near Courthouse
- Texas Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Seven Years Later, Lost Dog Returned To Owner