AUSTIN (AP) — Texas, the behemoth of the Big 12, is in a serious funk.
The wealthiest athletic program in the country, the one with its own television network and some of the finest facilities around, has been racked by bad results on the field and embarrassed by revelations of coaches having inappropriate relationships with students.
Football recruiting has fallen off a bit. Fans are irritated and impatient for their teams to start competing again for Big 12 and national championships.
Athletic director DeLoss Dodds says he believes success is just around the corner and money is still pouring in.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center Of Gym Lawsuit
- Angry Dallas Neighbor Allegedly Kills 2 Over Dog Poop
- Kaufman Co. Assistant DA Shot & Killed Near Courthouse
- Texas Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Seven Years Later, Lost Dog Returned To Owner