DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A man is dead after an apartment fire in east Dallas early Friday morning. The flames first started at about 2:15 a.m. in the 5100 block of Bryan Street. Firefighters were called to the scene and told about an unconscious person outside.
When emergency crews arrived on the scene, they found the man — who may have been on fire at some point during the ordeal — dead just outside of the apartment building. Investigators believe that the man may have been smoking in bed when the mattress caught on fire. He called out for help and made it outside, but then died.
The man’s name has not been released. Neighbors said that he was a Hurricane Katrina survivor who had been on oxygen.
Also Check Out:
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center Of Gym Lawsuit
- Angry Dallas Neighbor Allegedly Kills 2 Over Dog Poop
- Kaufman Co. Assistant DA Shot & Killed Near Courthouse
- Texas Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Seven Years Later, Lost Dog Returned To Owner