DUMAS (AP) — A Baptist church in the Texas Panhandle plans to host a concealed handgun class as a community service because there is so much interest in self-defense and protecting families.
The Rev. Brad Foster of Calvary Baptist Church in Dumas told the Amarillo Globe-News in Saturday’s editions that a state-certified instructor will teach the 10-hour class in the fellowship hall March 2.
Foster says that two more classes are planned and that the church will continue to offer the classes as long as there is interest.
He said interest has come from more than church members as people from across the region have expressed interest.
More than half of those enrolled are women and many are teachers.
Foster said there has been little negative feedback about Calvary hosting the class.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center Of Gym Lawsuit
- Angry Dallas Neighbor Allegedly Kills 2 Over Dog Poop
- Kaufman Co. Assistant DA Shot & Killed Near Courthouse
- Texas Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Seven Years Later, Lost Dog Returned To Owner