From College Sports
AUSTIN (AP) – Texas guard Myck Kabongo says he’s ready to return to the court after a 23-game NCAA suspension.
Coach Rick Barnes has said Kabongo will start for the struggling Longhorns (10-13, 2-8 Big 12) on Wednesday night against Iowa State.
Kabongo was suspended for accepting impermissible benefits in relation to a trip to Cleveland in 2012, and providing false statements during a university investigation into the infractions.
In a statement released by Texas, Kabongo says he didn’t intend to break any rules and should have cooperated when first asked about the trip. Kabongo says he “should have been upfront with UT about everything.”
The Longhorns are struggling through their worst season in 15 years under Barnes.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center Of Gym Lawsuit
- Angry Dallas Neighbor Allegedly Kills 2 Over Dog Poop
- Kaufman Co. Assistant DA Shot & Killed Near Courthouse
- Texas Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Seven Years Later, Lost Dog Returned To Owner