BLUM (CBSDFW.COM) - One woman was seriously injured during a natural gas explosion in Hill County on Tuesday morning, near the town of Blum and close to the Brazos River. According to Sgt. James McClanahan with the sheriff’s department, the incident happened around 3:00 a.m. in a recreational vehicle parked in the Chisholm Trail Park subdivision.
There were two people inside of the RV at the time of the blast. One of them — a female — was injured and taken to Parkland Hospital in Dallas with first-degree and second-degree burns. The other victim was not injured.
Investigators said that the RV had a leaking hot water heater. When the two occupants turned on the stove to start cooking, the explosion took place.
The two victims had been visiting family members in the area, and had parked the RV outside, in the front yard of the family’s home.
Also Check Out:
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center Of Gym Lawsuit
- Angry Dallas Neighbor Allegedly Kills 2 Over Dog Poop
- Kaufman Co. Assistant DA Shot & Killed Near Courthouse
- Texas Women Sue X-Rated Revenge Website
- Seven Years Later, Lost Dog Returned To Owner