WACO (AP) - Brady Heslip scored 20 points with six 3-pointers while freshman Rico Gathers had a season-high 22 points and Baylor beat West Virginia 80-60 on Wednesday night, ending the Mountaineers’ three-game winning streak.
Heslip had two 3-pointers in a half-minute stretch in the second half when the Bears (16-8, 7-4 Big 12) had a quick eight-point spurt aided by two West Virginia turnovers for a 46-34 lead. Pierre Jackson had a steal for a breakaway lay-up between Heslip’s long-range shots, the second after a turnover.
Jackson finished with 15 points and nine assists.
Eron Harris had 19 points to lead West Virginia (12-12, 5-6) while Deniz Kilicli had 13 points.
Baylor never trailed after scoring the game’s first seven points while West Virginia had three turnovers in the first 2 minutes.
The Mountaineers finished with 18 turnovers, leading to 23 Baylor points.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate