COLLEGE STATION (AP) - Elston Turner had 37 points, including a career-high seven 3-pointers, to give Texas A&M a 69-67 win over Mississippi on Wednesday night.
Derrick Millinghaus made a free throw before the Rebels got the ball back after a shot-clock violation. Millinghaus hit a layup with 44 seconds left to cut A&M’s lead to 67-65.
Turner then hit a jump shot from the corner with 16 seconds left to extend the lead.
Millinghaus made two more free throws with 10 seconds remaining, and the Rebels had to foul three consecutive times to get into the bonus. Turner missed his free throw with 5 seconds left, but Millinghaus missed a shot at the buzzer to give A&M (15-9, 5-6 SEC) the win.
Mississippi (18-6, 7-4) has dropped four of its last five games after opening SEC play 6-0.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate