COLLEGE STATION (AP) - Kelsey Bone had 31 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night to help No. 11 Texas A&M beat Florida 78-71 and pull into a tie with Tennessee for the Southeastern Conference lead.
Kristi Bellock scored 13 points and Adrienne Pratcher had 12 points and five assists for the Aggies (20-5, 10-1 SEC), who have won eight in a row. Texas A&M never trailed and held a 39-27 edge on the boards.
Jaterra Bonds had 17 points and eight assists, Lily Svete scored 15 on five 3-pointers, and January Miller finished with 11 points for the Gators (15-10, 4-7).
The only previous meeting between the new conference rivals was in the 1994 NCAA tournament, when the Aggies won 78-76 in a first-round game.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate