MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) - Kevin Butler set career bests with 23 points and a 7-of-7 performance from 3-point range, helping Texas-Arlington hold off Idaho 71-68 on Thursday night for its third straight win.
Butler, a senior, was 8 of 8 overall. Brandon Edwards added 11 points for the Mavericks (13-9, 8-5 Western Athletic), who avenged a 77-64 loss to Idaho in Arlington on Jan. 19.
Stephen Madison scored 25 points, including five 3-pointers, and Kyle Barone had 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Vandals (9-15, 5-9), who lost their third in a row.
Texas-Arlington led most of the game but saw Idaho tie it at 59 on Madison’s 3-pointer with 8:49 left. After the Mavericks went back in front, Mansa Habeeb’s layup with 22 seconds left pulled the Vandals within 69-68 before Edwards made two free throws with 6 seconds to play. Idaho’s Mike McChristian then missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate