ROCKWALL (CBS 11 NEWS) – Dozens remembered Jessica Aguilar at a candlelight vigil Tuesday night in Rockwall.
Friends and family gathered at The Harbor parking lot, where Aguilar was killed last Saturday.
Police say former Hunt County Constable Anthony Lewis shot her and her friend multiple times. Lewis and Aguilar broke up about six months ago.
Aguilar’s sister, Isabel, will take care of her three children.
“I have a lot of unanswered questions,” she said. “But this right here that everybody came out in the community, I really appreciate. It will give me the strength I’m going to need for these three kids.”
A private funeral will be held on Friday.
Lewis faces murder and attempted murder charges. He was shot by police officers and remains at Parkland Hospital.
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate