Reporting Joe Gomez
GRANBURY (CBSDFW.COM) — A 48-year-old Hood County woman was arrested for calling 911 and requesting that cigarettes be delivered to her home.
The Hood County Sheriffs Office says their emergency dispatch center received the call on February 11 at 1:18 a.m.
Listen to the 911 call
When dispatch answered the call, a man and a woman can be heard talking in the background. The woman then says, “I need some cigarettes”, before providing an address and name to dispatch.
According to Kathy Jividen with the Sheriff’s Office, deputies arrived at the residence and found the woman to be intoxicated. She also expressed to officers that she found it funny to call 911 for cigarettes.
Deputies arrested the woman on charges of 911 abuse, a Class B misdemeanor. She was later released on $1,000 bond.
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate