DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - An crash involving an 18-wheeler closed the westbound lanes of Interstate-30 in downtown Dallas early Wednesday morning, causing a major traffic mess in the heart of the mixmaster. The incident was reported around 2:30 a.m. not far from Akard Street.
According to the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office, only the big rig was involved in the crash. But the force of the 18-wheeler did cause at least one of the truck’s saddle tanks to rupture, spilling diesel fuel all over the roadway. A Dallas Fire-Rescue hazardous materials team was dispatched to help clean up the mess.
Crews started to open lanes up to traffic again just after 5:00 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate