Reporting Jeff Ray
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - An out-of-control van plowed into the front of a house in southwest Fort Worth early Wednesday morning, causing extensive damage but — miraculously — no injuries. Police and fire crews were called just before 3:00 a.m. to the home in the 6700 block of Westcreek Drive, not far from Altamesa Boulevard and McCart Avenue.
When authorities arrived, they found that a white van had crashed deep inside of the home, entering the living room and collapsing a bedroom wall.
The family living in the home was not hurt, including two children ages 7 and 9 who were both in that damaged bedroom. “We had to pull them out from underneath everything,” said homeowner Mary Mercado, “but they’re okay. They just have a few scratches.”
The driver, an 18-year-old male who was behind the wheel of his grandmother’s van, is facing charges of driving while intoxicated. He first fled from the scene, but returned about 20 minutes later.
Fire crews helped the residents repair the giant hole in their living room. The family has been in the house for about a year.
Also Check Out:
- Teacher Suspended After Pouring Pencil Shavings In Student’s Mouth
- Mosquito-Fighting Plan Allows Access To Private Property With No Warrant
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
- Memorial Service Wraps For Chris Kyle
- Police Expand Hunt For Escaped Florida Inmate