PD: Toddler Accidentally Killed By Gunshot
Get Breaking News First
GARLAND (CBS 11 NEWS) - A 3-year-old Garland boy has died from a gunshot wound to the head. Police said that the shooting appeared to be accidental, although officers did not say who may have shot the toddler.
The incident happened at around 6:00 p.m. Wednesday evening inside of a home near the corner of Paradise Cove and Maritime Cove. The boy’s parents and two other children were home at the time of the shooting, according to police.
“From what we know, there’s been no violence in the house before. Both mom and dad were inside along with some small children,” said Garland Police Department spokesman Joe Harn.
The child was identified Thursday morning as John O’Brien.
CBS 11 News spoke to a neighbor, Mauricio Serrano, who could not believe the news. “They are like a normal family — wife, husband, kids. We’d see each other playing, walking around the neighborhood in the summertime,” Serrano said.
Also Check Out:
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Dermatologists Share Anti-Aging Secrets
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES