DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Women in the Dallas neighborhood of Lake Highlands are on alert after a man broke into a woman’s home and sexually assaulted her.
The attack happened early Friday morning along Ferndale Road.
The man, described as a 35-year-old black man who speaks with an african accident, gained access to the house through a window and raped the woman by knifepoint, Dallas Police say.
The man then stole the woman’s iPhone before running away from the home.
Residents say despite having an active Neighborhood Watch program, they will be stepping up their efforts. They also say Lake Highlands is still a safe neighborhood, but attacks still have been known to happen.
Dallas Police are hoping for more leads in the case, and are asking for anyone with information about the attack to call police.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Dermatologists Share Anti-Aging Secrets
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit