FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - A FedEx truck loaded with packages flipped onto its side in a construction zone along Loop 820 in north Fort Worth early Friday morning. The crash shut down most of the westbound lanes of the freeway and created a huge traffic mess.
The incident happened at about 3:45 a.m. in the westbound lanes — not far from Interstate-35W — and allowed just one lane of traffic to get through the area.
Authorities estimated that it could be several hours before the freeway would be fully re-opened, and it continued to be closed through the morning rush hour. All of the packages from the big rig had to be unloaded before the truck could be towed away.
You can always check out traffic conditions and seek alternate routes here on CBSDFW.COM.
Also Check Out:
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Dermatologists Share Anti-Aging Secrets
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit