WASHINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Smithfield Packing Co. is recalling about 38,000 pounds of pork sausage that may contain small pieces of plastic, likely from gloves.
The Agriculture Department’s Food Safety and Inspection Service reports that the Virginia company recalled certain containers of a product called “Gwaltney mild pork sausage roll.”
Smithfield meats are available to a number of grocery stores across North Texas.
The sausage was produced on January 11 and was distributed here in Texas, Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. The problem was discovered after the company received two consumer complaints. There have been no reports of injury.
Consumers with questions about the recall should call 877-933-4625.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Dermatologists Share Anti-Aging Secrets
- “Sexually Suggestive” Exercises Center of LA Fitness Lawsuit