“Unlucky” DFW Burglar Gets Probation
WEATHERFORD (AP) – A self-described “unlucky” burglar in North Texas who called 911 when confronted by an armed homeowner must serve seven years of probation.
A judge in Weatherford on Monday sentenced 41-year-old Christopher Moore of Bedford. Moore pleaded guilty to burglary of a habitation over the Dec. 4 incident in Springtown.
The homeowner and his wife awoke to a man in their bedroom. The suspect ran to his pickup as the armed homeowner ordered him to drop his keys. The suspect got into his truck and called 911 but the homeowner had already phoned for help.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports Moore — when asked by the homeowner what he was doing — answered, “Just unlucky, I guess.”
Moore was also fined $2,000 and must do 200 hours of community service.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES