FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Fire kindled by high winds seriously injured a homeless man in South Fort Worth Tuesday morning, destroying a pickup truck and damaging the home near where it was parked.
Firefighters found a fully involved truck and fire into the house when they first arrived in the 800 block of Seminary Drive near Travis Avenue after midnight.
Officials tell us the man and a friend were outside cooking earlier in the evening. The victim fell asleep and the high winds rekindled the fire.
The wind-whipped flames reached a pickup truck and then the home.
The injured man had second and third degree burns over 30 percent of his body – mostly to his legs. He was taken by MedStar ambulance to Parkland Hospital in Dallas.
No word on his current condition.
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES