DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police believe a body found in a creek Wednesday morning is that of a missing North Texas man.
A construction crew, working off of 2nd Avenue and Highway 175, spotted what they believed was a human body next to a creek bed. Tree branches obscured the body and it was initially thought that a tree might have fallen on the victim.
Investigators were later able to identify the body as that of Vashana Eugene Mims. The 36-year-old simply didn’t return home one evening. A missing persons report was filed on Mims on February 5.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office has Mims death listed as an unexplained death, but will update/change the information after his exact cause of death is determined.
The police investigation into the death continues.
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident