GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – A Grand Prairie man was shot early Wednesday after an attempted carjacking and robbery outside of his apartment complex.
The victim — a man in his 20s — was returning from college to his apartment on Timber Oaks Lane, at Osler Drive, just after 12:30 a.m., police said. It was at that point that an unknown assailant approached the man, demanding the keys to his car.
A struggle ensued, and the man was hit on the head and then shot in the leg. The suspect fled from the scene while the man went into his apartment to call police.
The man was transported to the hospital for treatment and was later released.
Officials described the suspect as a black male in his early 20s. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and black pants at the time of the attack. Anyone with information about this case should contact the Grand Prairie Police Department at 972-237-8777 or Crime Stoppers at 972-988-TIPS.
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES