Follow the action on Twitter by using the widget on the righthand side of this page.
FORT WORTH (AP) - American Airlines wants to operate more flights to Brazil.
Fort Worth-based American said Thursday it’s filed an application with the U.S. Department of Transportation for new daily round-trip flight between Sao Paolo and both Los Angeles and Chicago.
American wants to start the Los Angeles flights late this year and the Chicago flights in late 2014.
American parent AMR Corp. in 2011 filed for bankruptcy protection. The company plans to merge with US Airways Group.
American currently flies from Miami to Belo Horizonte, Brasilia, Manaus, Recife, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and Sao Paulo. It also flies to Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport and Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES