Bench Helps UTA Topple San Jose State 81-74
ARLINGTON (AP) – Jamel Outler scored 15 points, one of three men to score in double figures off the bench, and Texas-Arlington picked up an 81-74 victory over San Jose State on Thursday night.
Texas-Arlington (16-10, 10-5 Western Athletic) had a whopping 49-8 scoring advantage off the bench.
Karol Gruszeki scored 14 off the bench and Greg Gainey had 13. Jordan Reeves was the only starter in double figures with 10.
Three of Outler’s baskets were from 3-point range. Reeves also contributed nine rebounds and three blocked shots.
Texas-Arlington also had a 22-5 scoring advantage off turnovers and an 18-2 edge in fast-break points.
Louis Garrett led San Jose State (9-17, 3-12) with 25 points, including five 3-pointers. D.J. Brown scored 16 points, Chris Cunningham had 13 points and 13 rebounds and Xavier Jones had 11 points.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- Disabled Weatherford Man Files Lawsuit Against Six Flags
- Escaped Prisoner Shot & Killed By Law Enforcement
- Dueling Bobcats Caught On Video In Carrollton
- Civil Rights Complaint Filed In Pencil Shavings Incident
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES