From College Sports
With so many upsets in college basketball, there seems to be daily highlights of fans storming the court to celebrate.
No team has separated itself from the pack and there have been 15 instances when top-five teams lost to unranked squads on the road, according to STATS LLC.
That has led to a lot of postgame mayhem. And Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski says it’s not all fun and games.
He would know. His third-ranked Blue Devils have lost on the road four times, including Thursday at Virginia. The coach says fans should celebrate, but the focus should be getting the visiting team off the court first.
While BCS conferences typically leave it to host schools to manage postgame celebrations, the Southeastern Conference fines its members when fans storm the court.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game