SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) – Matt Harrison bounced back from a rough first outing to throw three scoreless innings and the Texas Rangers went on to beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 7-1 on Saturday.
The left-hander, an 18-game winner last season, allowed three hits in three scoreless innings. In his first start last Sunday, Harrison threw 40 pitches in one inning, allowing four runs on six hits against Kansas City.
Lefty Wade Miley made his first spring start for Arizona, giving up three runs on three hits in two innings, including a solo home run by Craig Gentry.
A sellout crowd of 12,654 watched the game at Salt River Fields, home to the Diamondbacks.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game