FORT WORTH (AP) - Zahna Medley scored 18 points and TCU upset No. 23 Iowa State 61-58 on Saturday.
Delisa Gross, a senior playing in her final home game, added 15 points on 6-of-7 shooting off the bench for the Horned Frogs (9-19, 2-15 Big 12), who led by as many as 16 points before Iowa State rallied.
Brynn Williamson led the Cyclones (20-7, 11-6) with 20 points. Hallie Christofferson, who had scored 20 or more points in nine straight games, was held to 13 on 4-of-15 shooting.
Chelsea Poppens had a game-high 13 rebounds. Iowa State fell into a second-place tie with Texas Tech in the Big 12 with one game remaining before the conference tournament next weekend in Dallas.
TCU lost its first 13 conference games before beating Oklahoma State on Feb. 20. The Horned Frogs finished 9-9 at home.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES