Dallas County Has State’s Most Commuters
DALLAS (AP) - According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Dallas County has the largest number of commuters in the state who come in from another county to work.
The Census data, which was released Tuesday, says Dallas County has 507,397 individuals who commute into the county for work. Harris County — Houston’s home county — came in second in the state with 413,868.
The Census also says the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area has the largest number in the state of mega-commuters — individuals who have to travel at least 90 minutes and 50 miles for work. Between 2006 and 2010, there were 24,102 mega commuters whose jobs were located in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area. The Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown area came in second in the state with 22,328.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES