DALLAS (AP) – Tuesday Morning Corp. says Brady Churches has resigned as CEO after only six months on the job.
The Dallas-based discount retailer on Monday named Michael Rouleau as interim chief executive. Rouleau is a ex-president and CEO of the Michaels chain of craft supply stores.
Tuesday Morning gave no specific reason for Churches’ resignation, but the departing leader says he and the board determined the transition was in the company’s best interest.
Tuesday Morning last September hired the former Big Lots executive to fill the vacancy after it fired his predecessor — Kathleen Mason.
Mason later sued claiming discrimination after she disclosed she had breast cancer. The company has said there was no merit to Mason’s claim and her firing was lawful.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES