Gates To Help Dedicate New UT Computer Center
AUSTIN (AP) – Microsoft founder Bill Gates is in Austin to help dedicate a new computer science center at the University of Texas named in his and his wife’s honor.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Computer Science Center and Dell Computer Science Hall are to be dedicated Wednesday on the UT campus in Austin. Gates is scheduled to deliver an address at the center Wednesday afternoon.
The complex is home to UT’s Computer Science Department and its more-than-1,700 undergraduates and 42 faculty members. It produces 20 percent of computer science graduates in Texas.
The 140,000-square-foot complex cost $120 million. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation contributed $30 million to the project, while the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation contributed $10 million.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES