DENTON (AP) - The president of the University of North Texas has announced plans to retire by the end of 2013.
V. Lane Rawlins on Tuesday released a statement saying he will continue to lead the school in Denton until a new president is named. The 75-year-old Rawlins has served as UNT president since 2010.
Rawlins says he plans to spend more time with his family and on his personal commitments.
Rawlins is a former president of Washington State University and the University of Memphis.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES