Activists Hold Vigil For Lives Lost At Dawson State Jail
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A nearly yearlong CBS 11 I Team Investigation into the Dawson State Jail in Dallas has raised multiple questions.
Mainly, questionable deaths involving female inmates, and in one case, a baby who was birthed inside the jail.
Because of the investigation, state lawmakers are considering closing the minimum-security jail.
And on Thursday evening, activists from across the state came to Dallas to hold a vigil in honor of the lives lost at the jail and to call on the state to close Dawson for good.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Lily The Rabbit Still Lucky With Only Two Legs
- Little Boy’s Dancing Steals Spotlight at Rascal Flatts Concert
- Teen Killed By Oncoming Train In South Fort Worth
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES