Rangers Reportedly Not Interested In Lohse
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
SURPRISE, Ariz. (CBS SPORTS) - With Martin Perez injured, many have speculated that the Rangers could make a play for free agent pitcher Kyle Lohse. That doesn’t appear to be the case, according to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan.
A Rangers source told Sullivan, “We are not going to sign Kyle Lohse. I can’t be clearer than that.”
The team has signed pitcher Derek Lowe to a minor league deal, so it appears he could be Perez’s replacement.
The team is probably right in not overreacting to losing Perez. While he has been a top prospect in the organization for multiple seasons, his numbers haven’t matched his hype in recent years. And, with Colby Lewis expected to be ready by midseason, the club only needs Lowe, or whoever its fifth starter may be, to last a couple of months.
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES