LUBBOCK (AP) – Texas Tech and TCU will play their Big 12 opener on a Thursday night in front of a national television audience.
The two schools announced the schedule change Thursday. The Red Raiders will host the Horned Frogs on Sept. 12, two days earlier than originally scheduled. The game will be telecast on Fox Sports or ESPN.
It is the second date change in as many days for the Red Raiders. On Wednesday the school announced that new coach Kliff Kingsbury will make his debut in front a national audience at SMU on Aug. 30. ESPN will carry that game.
The network that will carry the Texas Tech-TCU game will be announced at a later date.
Kingsbury, a former Red Raiders quarterback, took over the program in December.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
- North Texas Dad Indicted For Carving Pentagram On Son
- Paramedics Packing Heat? One Texas Lawmaker Says Yes
- DISD Approves School Security Upgrades
- College Players Pepper Sprayed After Basketball Game