Egyptian Women Wrap Up Bush Fellowship
DALLAS (AP) - Former first lady Laura Bush is speaking to a group of Egyptian women wrapping up a yearlong fellowship with the George W. Bush Institute.
The fellowship aimed to help the women hone leadership skills and build a network of support.
Bush is to deliver remarks Friday as the institute also welcomes a new group of women from Egypt to the Institute’s Women’s Initiative Fellowship Program, which is initially focusing on women in the Middle East and North Africa.
The event on the campus of Southern Methodist University marks International Women’s Day and will feature a panel discussion with program participants.
The institute is part of the George W. Bush Presidential Center, which will open May 1 on the SMU campus.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Uses Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act
- Lily The Rabbit Still Lucky With Only Two Legs
- Little Boy’s Dancing Steals Spotlight at Rascal Flatts Concert
- Teen Killed By Oncoming Train In South Fort Worth
- Plano Police Warn Hispanic Men Of Violent Attacks
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES